Abstract Reality
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

Stage Clear

224 Posts
32 Threads
Female

OOC Name: Loner

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛5,740
3... 2...

Bright artificial light poured through the murky landscape as a hole that looked much like it was made out of ripped paper opened up nearby. As mere ordinary light it was neither detrimental or blinding, but after spending what felt like way too long in the gloom of Albahita, in a near constant battle with the monsters therein, the light was hard to see beyond.  

Disorientation didn't stop him. Escape had become almost akin to a primal need. Sheut had said that he was dragging him to Eden. Sheut hadn't mentioned was the handful of vicious shadow beings that had attacked moments after arriving in the strange dimension. Those things weren't killers. They were out to massacre.

Pissed and with little patience left, Malik took the out, stumbling on a sparsely furnished and rather unimpressive room. He turned, glaring at the skinny bandage-clad figure who was currently dressed in nothing else, while the wraps remained loose enough to let anything else in there out of the desert hell too.

He lashed out at the jerk of a figure, not with hands, but with something more dangerous, bright and hot.  

"dude I'm not fireproof!" Sheut complained, sounding sarcastically annoyed. He had backups of his wraps if he really needed them, and had taken precautions for such cases, even destroying his wraps voluntarily at times.

"What were you thinking you Fucking paper mache mask!? Dragging me and Max through a battleground and halfway across the world? putting our lives in danger??" The things in there had been nasty, not even close to other foes he'd had to face, and near the end, fighting mirrors which really sucked since they could match his every move. Sheut deserved a throttling and Malik was willing to deliver.

"Easy." Sheut raised his bandaged hands in some kind of surrender. "You-all did me a favor killin off the ones that'd be able to get out. I'd hope you'd tired out enough t' not strangle me, but maybe I should send you back for a few days."

"don't you dare." Malik growled, looking quite enraged at the matter.

but they were not alone, and this was not a good place to fight.
??ℝ? ?? ???ℝ??????ℕ?

20 Posts
8 Threads
Male

I am a pretty flexible writer. I am of Above-Average (no more, no less) writing ability, with Above-Average (no more, no less) artistic ability. Please don't hesitate to call upon me for opportunities to write and do Art stuff! :)

OOC Name:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛350
Maximillion VonMitternacht

That had been unpleasant. Although he was glad to be freed from that space, there was no joy in what he had withstood, fighting those nightmarish shadows. Malik had seen him do something extraordinary, but probably a bit frightening for a first-time witness: Max's Dragonhide Skin ability had held fast, up until one of them had pulled some manner of trickery, and it had sawed off one of Max's arms. The resulting surge, as five of his Seals had lost their connection to the rest of his body, and his body had erupted in power that was so vast and dense, it was hard not to suffocate under it, even for Maximillion himself.

At that point, even with one of his forearms severed, he had managed to bind the arm with a thick cord of psionic energy, and his fingernails - grown out to pitch black, razor-sharp points - had send slashes of energy wherever he aimed his swiping motion, and he had sliced his attacker to shreds, flames of black-purple erupting around its form and refusing to go out, even once it had been immolated to ash, completely erasing the being.

Blood had still trickled from his arm wound, and Malik had seen the rare 'treat' of Maximillion's forearm, wrist, hand and all, suddenly seeming to shoot out of its 'stump', with black blood splashing out as it happened, and covering the newly regrown flesh. Maximillion had then immediately dove at the fallen arm, reaching with the arm that wasn't freshly regenerated (and far too sensitive), and had nimbly plucked the rings from the fingers of the hand, and had slid them gingerly over the fingers of his newly regrown hand. Then, as if it were nothing in the world, he grabbed up the old, severed forearm, clutched it tightly in his hand, and it erupted in the same black-purple flames as the shadows had, until it had disappeared into sheer nothingness.

I've seen what happens when severed limbs decide to regenerate the bodies they were connected to, Maximillion thought with a grimace, as their environment changed. They were no longer in the strange dimension, and Maximillion hastily touched a hand to the chain around his neck, and as if they had never been there, the dark red 'whites' of his eyes were white, and his pointed ears were rounded now. Unlike last time he had been in Sanctuary, his piercings also faded from visible sight, and he was wearing his blazer and slacks again. Muttering something, he touched the necklace again, and his clothes changed to street clothes: jeans, and a t-shirt, with dark purple wristbands, and black combat boots on his feet.

Peering up, he had just enough time to look in Sheut's direction, before suddenly scowling.

"Reidh's not here?" Maximillion asked, shaking his head. "No matter. You will find, though he likes to be accomplice to other people's shenanigans, he's capable of getting himself out of the most unimaginable circumstances. And if not? Well, fuck him."

He wanted to put a fist through Sheut's face, but that whole experience had been emotionally draining, and he just didn't feel up to it.

"So, what's next? And, where are we?"

Name
Maximillion

Race:
Transcendent Dhampir

Information Broker, Eokian Business-Lord

ABILITIES
(click icons for info.)

Psionic Manipulation

Energy Manipulation

Exalted/Dhampir Physiology

INVENTORY

Image result for purple gauntletsImage result for purple gauntlets
Gauntlets

Purple Leather Armor
(Mythic Beast Hides)

Bottomless Satchel

Enchanted Map

224 Posts
32 Threads
Female

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Malik had had very little time to watch anyone else's battles. He'd been forced to fight to defend himself as much as the rest. Relying on Max or Reidh had not been an option as each of them had encountered well matched foes. Before Sheut let them out, 'copies' had shown up, equal in twisted versions of their originals' power and strength but without any sort of restraint or morals to bind them. That meant having to fight with something of at least the same speed and power as himself, and at least in Malik's case, used its power far more efficiently. Getting out hadn't been a win, but a necessary retreat.

Reidh had probably been left dealing with a personified wraith of Max's rage against him as near the end of the conflict. With Max having left Reidh would be fine as copies didn't last once their originals left that realm. There were, for those who were capable, other ways out of the nasty pocket dimension, so the redhead had likely gotten away.

No matter how recent, the past didn't take from the current problems.

Malik started forward, threatening to give Sheut what he deserved despite his sarcastic surrender... but he couldn't follow through. Malik's energy dimmed significantly. His steps faltered. He leaned back against a wall to steady himself. In contrast to the way Malik had been living as of late, he felt weak and fragile. His energy levels dropped close to human norms. What remained was focused on healing both visible and unseen wear from the encounters. He was still wearing eokian garb. Luckily this location, wherever it was, was safe.

With everybody out the wraps tightened around him, creating a far more complete humanoid form than the temporary one he had crafted at the estate. He looked much like a mummy with dark empty cracks between the bandages to serve as markers for mouth and eyes. With the danger over he picked up clothes from off the floor, shorts and a t-shirt, and straightened them over his crafted form. "I guess my soul-mate's not gonna help out with us after all." He observed, ever so casually as he refereed to Reidh. He'd sensed a kindred spirit in the red-head. Se la vi. Maybe next time. "yur in Eden now. Meet'n some folks. N' then we'll take you to work. It's also a dead so you don't haveta wear a disguise quite yet."

It was annoying how Sheut just shook off Malik's threat, but such was Sheut, ever trivializing the issues he caused.
Daemon of Eden

2 Posts
0 Threads
Female

OOC Name: Blair

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛10
The Daemon watched from a nearby sofa in cat form, amused at the scene taking place. The two that were removed from Albahita were likely shaken up from the pocket dimension, which she could only imagine as a place unfriendly and inhospitable-- a place she would never want to be. The duo would be taking out anger on the bandage-wrapped boy, specifically the younger one. The blonde man had blistering words for the mummy boy but was weakening by the minute.

“What did the mummy drag back this time?”

At first, the trio would hear four soft paws moving towards them, only for it to change into a set of human footsteps. Her transformation was instant. At first, they would see a silver chocolate tabby cat, and upon blinking their eyes, would see a young adult girl with bright blonde hair and sky blue eyes.

Standing in close proximity to observe the two Eokians, Alice casually placed a hand on her hip and proceeded to try and read the souls of the two before her. She only wanted to know what they were, as they looked like magical humans, but the presence of the holy energy in one of them told her otherwise.

“I suppose introductions are in order. I’m Alice. Who are you two?” she asked in an amicable manner with a friendly smile. She vaguely recalled the blonde haired man from a meeting in a Sanctuary park, where she had assumed the form of a cat and casually conversed with him. However, there was no telling if he would remember that or not.

[Image: aR9CwAY.png]

224 Posts
32 Threads
Female

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Now that he was situated Sheut crossed his arms as he leaned against the wall opposite the couch. "I brought back some muscle that's what." He explained. "This glow-stick (Malik) was hanging out in the lap of luxury despite showing inclination to the fight last time I heard from him. He owes us now its time he joined the fight right proper. The tanky oaf got dragged along, but I'm sure he's been round Eden before."

Who wouldn't be at least a little pissed with Sheut giving commentary like that?

Drained as he was, Malik didn't have much motive to give the bandage-wrapped more than pointed glare. Yet someone else was here too. That couldn't just be ignored. He glanced the feline's way as she took a human shape, but didn't yet show recognition. He'd never seen her human form after all.

"Sheut thanks to you I'm in no shape to fight. He responded to bandages and not the lady as the guy didn't seem to 'get' the effects of his actions. He added for her. "sorry if he got your hopes up but there's some mistake in all this."

He didn't introduce himself. It seemed inappropriate for now after being roughhoused all the way here.
??ℝ? ?? ???ℝ??????ℕ?

20 Posts
8 Threads
Male

I am a pretty flexible writer. I am of Above-Average (no more, no less) writing ability, with Above-Average (no more, no less) artistic ability. Please don't hesitate to call upon me for opportunities to write and do Art stuff! :)

OOC Name:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛350
Maximillion VonMitternacht

"Eden then? Finally, we have some word on where we are." Max said dryly, turning his eyes to look around them. His eyes stopped on Malik, and his normally impassive eyes seemed to give a hint of concern about the young man's well-being. He turned his eye to the new arrival and seemed to visibly stiffen.
"You'll have to forgive us. Mister Toilet Paper here decided to drag us out of our home, plunge us into a hellish space where we had to fight for our lives, then inexplicably have us show up here. You're probably lucky we didn't suspect this was another trick, and came out with proverbial guns a-blazing."

He gave Sheut a stare that almost seemed like it could wither the wills of strong men, then turned back to Alice.

"Alice, you may call me Stigma. As for my young friend here, I ask your indulgence, as it's not everyday someone traumatizes you, then throws you smack-dab into a situation requiring you to be civil and social. Sheut calls him 'Malik', and I guess that'll do until he's had time to adjust to the hell we were just put through, and he has a chance to catch his breath."

His voice escalated as he spoke, slowly but steadily. Speaking of the experience, and his being put through hell, didn't seem to bug him anywhere near as when talking about Malik being put through it; it was as if he was ready to come to blows with Sheut over what he did to Malik, rather than what he did to Max.

"Anyways," he continued, taking a deep breath and collecting himself with a concerted effort. "A little birdie told me about Eden, but I'd never had an opportunity to truly be introduced to anyone on a formal and face-to-face basis, aside from said birdie. Where exactly are we, if I may ask?"