Abstract Reality
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

Open Silent Night

231 Posts
32 Threads
Female

OOC Name: Loner

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛5,765
Jessie Vanner

My internal sense of time, built in to my modifications told me that the hour was getting late. The temperature was also dropping, and if the forecast was accurate, that trend would continue throughout the night.

I looked at the canine, reconsidering my options. There weren't too many once I took into account.

foo. Alright.... I'd do this for a dog. "lets go." I commanded, readjusting my grip on the supplies as i turned away from the abandoned building, and began walking towards my residence.

It wasn't allowed but what else was there?
VOYAGER

199 Posts
18 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛4,710
His tail wagged.
"Go"?
He knew that one!

He squatted in the alley and took a dump on the mismatched brickwork, brushed his back paws against the concrete as though to kick dirt over it, and then trotted--almost seeming to skip--after the human.
Much better!

He moved closer to the human, now trying to push his side against her as she walked, nose tilting up with jaws trying to tug on the supplies she was holding.
[Image: voyager_disco_poster.jpg]

231 Posts
32 Threads
Female

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Jessie Vanner

Who had even trained this dog?

I paused and searched my pockets till i found some paper to pick up the waste. Sure the property wasn't well cared for, but there was no point in leaving a trail. Still, better done here than causing me problems later.

I kept an eye out for a public trash bin as I walked, soon finding one on a street corner along the way. Once I had a free hand, i nudged the dog's muzzle away from the supplies. Sure most were the things which I'd purchased for him, but I didn't need to end up dropping them.

Soon after, I came to my residence. My door was on a second floor, after a flight of exterior stairs. The key was a number pad lock with finger print recognition. I opened the door into a sparse hall with a tile floor, and let the dog in.
VOYAGER

199 Posts
18 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

He paused at the stairs, sniffing them, carefully making his way up them.
His foot slipped between the steps several times, at one point slamming his head against the next few steps up with a loud yipe.

He eventually got up there, perhaps with a bruised nose and some now shaky legs, and promptly went inside the second the door was open.

231 Posts
32 Threads
Female

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Jessie Vanner

I closed the door behind me before turning on a light. It cast an eerie look on the white tile floor, and off-white walls, but if was enough to see by. to the right, was a door-less opening to a small washing room, with a door to a shower and toilet wedged in there. To the left was a kitchen-dining area with a continuation of the square floor tiles. Bedroom and living room areas were not immediately in sight. The place had very few furnishings, especially of the decorative kind, with simple plastic-coated table and chairs, and ceramic and stainless steel cooking surfaces. It felt a bit like a hotel space given the lack of personalized touches. I didn't mind. This posting wasn't home yet. It was just a place I happened to dwell for the time being.

I set the supplies on the table for now, letting the dog explore as he would or find a place to settle himself. I wordlessly put on a teakettle, pulled out a chair, and sat down.
VOYAGER

199 Posts
18 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

The door was shut and the dog froze, standing quite still.
His breath seemed to halt, not even his eyes would move as the human walked past him.

The human disappeared into another room, and a few moments after that the dog's muscles relaxed as he shook himself, spraying dust and snow into the entryway.
A second later and he was off, dashing madly around the apartment to check out everything he could.

He pushed his nose into everything, tentatively licked many things, slobbered excitedly over yet still more.
Being the size that he was, he wasn't hard to track as he ran to-and-fro, and the sound of crashing and creaking gave tell-tale signs that he was knocking over one thing or another, all the while jumping on the furniture to boot.

He sped by the human in the kitchen, turned on his heels, ran back, nudged the sealed food that was well within his reach on the table, then darted back out.

Eventually he found the most delightful spot beside an object gushing heat--an old radiator or perhaps a vent--and dropped down with a purr of a whine, finally settling himself beside a warmth the likes of which he hadn't felt in months.

231 Posts
32 Threads
Female

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Jessie Vanner

In moments the place said 'dog is here' all over it. I'd definitely have to clean this up as soon as I could. Good thing there was very little accessible that would really end up stained. A good scrub would address the mess he'd made. I kept an eye on him from where I was. It was not worth bothering to clean up for now.

"Quietly boy. you're a secret you know?" I reminded, futilely. He probably didn't get it based on what I'd gauged of his intelligence. "where are you from anyway?" Asking was futile too, but I still hoped I'd be able to figure out out something of an answer out of him.
VOYAGER

199 Posts
18 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

The dog twitched an ear.

He made an odd-sounding whine that almost sounded like...something.
His eyes rolled towards one of the walls, slowly shutting as he relaxed in the warmth.
With his eyes closed, small memories of the house a few miles outside of town flashed in the back of his mind.
When the city was so much smaller...how quickly it grew.

A paw twitched.

231 Posts
32 Threads
Female

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Jessie Vanner

I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I'd really hoped to at least make sense of something. It seemed futile to ask any further questions. If nothing else he seemed tired, and so as I.

I poured my hot water, mixing into it a packet of nondescript white powder. I quietly took drank the stuff, while watching the canine. If he seemed settled long enough, I'd eventually go to bed myself.

I'd try to get him placed in a no-kill shelter in the morning.