Abstract Reality
Hello There, Guest! Do you want to or Register?

Open 30 Years to Life

6 Posts
1 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name: Corvus.

Alignment: Good

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛20
Evelyn Frye
I won't stop running, I'm only getting closer
The rumble of the truck stopped. She had lost track of how long she'd been stuck in the dark, inhaling air that smelled like musty old furniture and cardboard, but--presumably--it was for her own good. At this point, she was willing to trust almost anyone who was wiling and able keep her out of the psych ward in Sanctuary's prison system--she was scared, mostly helpless, and without any kind of resources to even think about eluding recapture on her own.

The truck remained stationary for several minutes. Evelyn, tucked behind a crate and eying the large trailer door, moved without sound. Though the floor had the occasional nail or splinter, they hadn't allowed her to wear shoes--socks were the prescribed sound-proof footwear. There were a handful of spots she had taken note of in which to hide at stops: a cranny in between two stacks of boxes, and an antique refrigerator; conveniently, the latter had all of the shelves removed--it was a bit of a squeeze, even for someone trim as herself, but she fit.

Tiptoeing to the fixture, she gingerly opened the door. Stepping inside, she closed the door to sit in absolute darkness--from inside, she could hear the back of the trailer opening... someone was inside, but she couldn't tell who.

VOYAGER

195 Posts
19 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Crowns: ♛4,690
A long creak, the doors opening.
There was a sound, as of heavy boots stepping onto the metal floor, the trailer shifting slightly in the moments that someone lifted themselves up into its back.
For a while there was nothing to hear save a series of footsteps, the sound of boxes being shifted and a heavy object slamming against the ground.

Then:
"Good golly gee!"
The voice was cheerful and loud, somewhere between rough and smooth.
"What happened to my ceramic collection?
I SPECIFICALLY said to mark this box as fragile!
F-R-A-G-I-L-E.
Entender, amigo?"

There was a sigh followed by a laugh, and the truck groaned as a second someone apparently hauled themselves up into the back.
"Okay...," that same voice continued, the footsteps coming closer.
"Now; where are my clothes and snacks...what--"

The door to a fridge was pulled open.
Set behind glossy amber teashades, a pair of narrow clay brown eyes blinked as they met up with those of another, someone tucked away in the antique refrigerator.
The lanky man in denim seemed stunned for a moment, yet with a smile stuck on his face, standing still while over his shoulder someone else came, picked up a box, and carried it out of the trailer.

Given the chance, after a moment the thirty-something-year-old would say, "I don't remember ever keeping a doll in my condo."
[Image: voyager_disco_poster.jpg]

6 Posts
1 Threads
Undisclosed

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Evelyn frye
i won't stop running, I'm only getting closer
There were footsteps in the back of the truck--the sounds of sliding cardboard and boots against the metal floor were extremely muffled from within the confines of the refrigerator. It felt like an eternity, but eventually she dared to get a peek--she needed to know if it was Enforcer stooges, or just movers getting the stuff out of the truck. Despite the device looking brand new otherwise, the seals were worn out--though the door was heavy, it was easy to open without a lot of resistance.

The photographer opened it maybe three or four inches--enough to see without entirely giving her position away, while still being able to shut it relatively quickly. It was right about then she heard the sound of someone complaining about their china--a chipper, almost flamboyant sounding voice literally spelling out the word "fragile" to the poor sod who dropped the box. Were she not trying to stay hidden, she might've burst out laughing at how ridiculous it was.

And then they noticed. The pair made eye contact--golden teashades met her olive eyes for a tense moment while a worker came by with another box. If she remembered what the other Edenites had told her, this was the guy that had volunteered his moving trip to traffick her into Haven Pallum. A finger worked its way up to her lips to tell him to keep it down.

"Where are we?" she asked.
VOYAGER

195 Posts
19 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

The man squinted, armos moving to sit akimbo as he stood back, nearly glaring at the gesture the woman made.
Was she telling him to be quiet?
Well, he NEVER!

At her whispered question he raised his voice with a "WHAT?"

"¿Qué?" a confused voice piped up, the trailer rocking as another man came in to pick up a box.

The man in demin turned his head briefly to say, "Oh, so THAT'S how you say it in Spanish.
¡Gracias, amigo!"
After the mover had left (who had first returned his words with an askew stare), his eyes moved back onto the woman.

"Las Vegas--where d'ya think?" he answered at last, resting a hand on the fridge door as he leaned forward, making it none too subtle that he was examining the fridge's innards.
"I didn't bring all these boxes all this way just to drop 'em off in the middle of gambling central.
I mean, I coulda, maybe I will one day--" there was a long pause as he thought about it, because, honestly, why NOT gamble all his shit away?
He'd kinda gathered a bit too much stuff over the years anyhow.
He continued, "--but I didn't.
Now sit still, I'm gonna roll you outta here...try not to break any bones, 'K?"

He was grinning and chuckling to himself as he said it, starting to push the fridge door shut.

6 Posts
1 Threads
Undisclosed

Character Sheet

Plot Page

EVELYN FRYE
The woman winced as the man in sunglasses raised his voice--was he trying to draw attention to the fact she was hiding in the fridge!? ...Thankfully, the workers didn't seem to understand what was going on or didn't care enough to bother asking; either was fine in her case. She gave a look that was a combination of stressed, unnerved, and cross, but otherwise kept her mouth shut and let him keep his running.

"You've only got to put up with this jackass for a few days, at most," she thought sourly to herself as he rambled on about Las Vegas.

Before she could say anything to protest being locked inside a moving refrigerator, however, the door was shut and she was in the dark once more...

VOYAGER

195 Posts
19 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

No resistance?
All riiight!
That gave the ole sonny free reign now, didn't it?

Of course the fridge had no lock on it, but even a skinny man such as himself should be able to hold the door shut.
"'Ey, muchacho!" he called, waving over one of the movers.
"This thing's REEEEEEEALLY heavy.
¡Dios mío!"
He was making some exaggerated motions, not that the woman was likely to see his act.

The Spanish speaker gave the lanky man a peeved look, because it was really all too much.
Nonetheless, he had a job to fulfill, and so he began to help.

The fridge would begin to shudder as it was moved, dragged and lifted through the van.
Then it was dropped.

"Whoopsie!" said a familiar cheeky tone, not sounding all too sorry.
The fridge tumbled down, thankfully not so big a drop that it might seriously injure the woman (unless she truly landed wrongly on an arm or something), but just enough that it would shake most people up.
When it hit the ground, the fridge rattled and the door popped open, revealing the lady inside if not outright dumping her out.

More than one of the movers was present to witness such travesty.

6 Posts
1 Threads
Undisclosed

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Evelyn Frye
Nervous sounds could be heard coming from the inside of the fridge if one listened hard enough--eeps and squeaks came from the jarring movements that the movers subjected the woman's metal carriage to--but, most probably would think it was mice hiding somewhere in the trailer. It was hard to tell exactly where they were in the truck, but she got a pretty good idea--all of a sudden, the fridge was dropped without warning. The door opened, and Evelyn was groaning in a sore and confused stupor about what the fuck had just happened--she hadn't been dumped all the way out, but, even so, it was easy for anyone there to see the stowaway plain as day.

"Oww..." she grumbled, sore in her shoulder.

VOYAGER

195 Posts
19 Threads
Undisclosed

OOC Name:

Alignment:

Character Sheet

Plot Page

Leaning against the fridge, unrolling a small wad of paper from his jacket, the man hummed happily to the staring men, "Wow, aren't I just the silliest li'l pervert!
Who else wants to join in on my sex dungeon?"
Someone began to raise his hand, and in response the man snapped, "That was rhetorical."

Everyone got back to work, and he bumped the half-tumbled woman with the heel of his boot, sounding more serious as he shoved some dried plant matter into the paper and began to roll it up.
"Get up.
This ain't a free gig.
Why don't you help carry some stuff in before ya drool on the concrete, eh?
Or ya can bake me a cake.
Just gotta...find the ingredients first...," his voice lowered to a mumble, flicking out a lighter to flare up his cigarette.

If the woman hadn't already done so, he'd shake her out of the fridge, then close the object up and begin to haul it inside.
Just ahead of them was a short set of steps to what was clearly some sort of apartment complex.
His flat was up the first flight of steps, around the corner and to the left, where he had a great view of the street that was halfway blocked by a giant bushy shrub of a tree.

Fortunately enough it was an apartment with more than one bedroom, should the woman decide she wanted to stick around; the man was used to taking folks in even when he was on rough times himself, although his attitude tended to drive most people away early on.
Which was all well and good enough, because as much as he enjoyed annoying strangers when they had nowhere else to go, his work tended to go faster when he was alone.